No, this isn’t a new open source project. Instead, its my toolbox of useful scripts.
I spent half a day figuring out how to limit network traffic on my system to emulate a customer’s slow network link. After manually typing ipfw commands to turn on bandwidth limits and then turn them off, I decided to capture the sequence in a command script.
Having just updated this blog site to include a link to my github handle, the idea became crystal clear: put the script under git version control and share it with others on github.
- it provides online backup of my toolbox of scripts
- it is easy to version the updates and distribute them to my other boxes
- over time, these scripts can probably be enhanced to run on other platforms
- you can partake of the benefits!
- hopefully, in the future, I can partake of yours.