I’m a pretty big test advocate. After all, it’s in my profile. So how can I say that TDD is wrong? “Test-bitten script junky…” — opening of my profile The “test-bitten” means I’ve been bitten by the automated testing bug. In a previous post, I mentioned having built the equivalent of a CI solution…
Recently in a Twitter chat with a couple friends of mine, the subject of test coverage re-appeared. I rolled my eyes. Ready to start ranting, I remembered already covering the many flaws of test coverage in Python Testing Cookbook. So I thought, perhaps an excerpt would be better. From chapter 9, Python Testing Cookbook.. ****…
This past Tuesday, we had James Ward, principal developer advocate for Heroku, give a presentation on the Play Framework, scala/java, and Heroku at the Nashville JUG. Suffice it to say, it was a really awesome presentation. This was far from a sales pitch, and more like a lets-get-our-hands on this framework and build a web…
Someone posted to me a question through meetupcom, “Greg, what is the best testing tool?” I didn’t have room to reply. I posted my response inside the Nashville JUG Google Group we host, but I thought today, it would be better to capture it here. Asking “what is the best tool” with no other context…
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
The Power of REST
Do you like reading?
Order Your Copy Now!
Building Your Platform
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- Why statics are no longer evil February 9, 2018
- Building a recording studio without breaking the bank January 30, 2018
- A tale of two mediatypes January 18, 2018
- How TDD is wrong November 14, 2017
- Why I converted a Gradle project to Maven November 7, 2017
Sign up for Greg’s email list!