Watching the excitement as PVTL rang the opening bell on the NYSE this morning was surreal as our company Pivotal goes public. This excitement was perfectly dovetailed by having spent an hour last night catching up with an old friend of mine. A friend that had introduced me to the Spring family while also helping…
I’ve spent the last several weeks picking up something I started back in 2015. Way back then, in the airport departing SpringOne, I started working on the third mediatype for Spring HATEOAS. There were already two: the original one based on pure Jackson and HAL. This was Collection+JSON by Mike Amundsen. As a traveling consultant,…
One of the most important things we can do is to say no. A lot of things arise in work, in life. And the hardest thing is to sometimes say no. To indicate this shouldn’t be done. To voice our objection. Not argue, just say no. Since Berlin, I have been working on adding Affordances…
I try typing “API evolvability” into my iPhone and it corrects to “evil ability”. Message there?#REST @olivergierke — Greg L. Turnquist (@gregturn) March 28, 2017 Heh. That tweet was a follow up to Oliver’s latest presentation on the topic “API evolvability is key in the system of systems”. So what does this stuff mean, and…
Last week, I had the good fortune of speaking twice at the DevNexus conference, the 2nd largest Java conference in North America. It was awesome! Apart from being a total geek fest with international attendance, it was a great place to get a bigger picture of the state of the Java community. A bunch of…
I have never been more excited to be a part of the Spring team as I am now. It feels like we are blazing new trails left and right. Seeing the massive turnout this week for Stephane and Brian’s “Spring Boot University”, a 3-hour session at DevoxxFR, left me awestruck. Wish I could have been there….
I just shipped off chapter 1, “Quick Start with Groovy”. Last night, I dug through and updated the code samples along with outputs to Spring Boot 1.1.1.RELEASE, which went out late yesterday. It really is awesome having that effort minimized thanks to AsciiDoc! Basically, I edited the code directly, re-ran the bits where I had captured…
Recently I have been cheering each day that I wake up and work on the Spring team. I was also inspired by Ollie’s recent slide show that explained many of our tools we use to build professional grade, open source software. So I thought I might capture my own version of why it’s so exciting…
I’m speaking at SpringOne 2GX next month. I invite you to come see my presentation: “Case Study – Grails in the Real World“. I have been working hard for some time on other material that will be presented at SpringOne. With that stuff briefly off my plate, I have dove head first into getting my…
Get your copy!
I use this for keyword analysis
The Power of REST
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
Do you like reading?
Building Your Platform
Order Your Copy Now!
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- Why writing framework code is different than end user apps May 7, 2018
- How to grow your email list April 24, 2018
- As Pivotal goes public, I can’t help but reflect on this surreal journey. #PVTL @russmiles @pivotal April 20, 2018
- How to beat Amazon April 3, 2018
- Darklight released! March 27, 2018
Sign up for Greg’s email list!