I had a great team meeting last with my five other co-workers. I wanted to share the majority of it purely in tweets, with a couple comments thrown in here and there. Enjoy! Wheels up BNA! Berlin I’m coming for you. #SpringDataDE — Greg L. Turnquist (@gregturn) April 3, 2017 Wheels down JFK!#SpringDataDE — Greg…
Last week, I had the good fortune of speaking twice at the DevNexus conference, the 2nd largest Java conference in North America. It was awesome! Apart from being a total geek fest with international attendance, it was a great place to get a bigger picture of the state of the Java community. A bunch of…
Over the past year, I have dove head first into use Scrivener for my writing efforts. The thing is amazing! Scrivener is a writer’s tool, built by writers for writers. It costs about $30+. I couldn’t put my finger on what was so cool about it until I read this. tl;dr – Scrivener puts your…
I have never been more excited to be a part of the Spring team as I am now. It feels like we are blazing new trails left and right. Seeing the massive turnout this week for Stephane and Brian’s “Spring Boot University”, a 3-hour session at DevoxxFR, left me awestruck. Wish I could have been there….
As I hack away at the last couple sections of chapter 4 of Learning Spring Boot, I have enjoyed being able to sprinkle in a little Spring Data REST. That project is really neat. I think it’s the way of the future for many apps out there. By providing an incredibly easy point of access…
Spring Mobile/Android guru Roy Clarkson and I are giving a talk at SpringOne this year. We will be mixing Spring Data with RESTful APIs. Roy and I have been working on a demo app that let’s you snap pictures and then upload them to a centralized web site through a simple RESTful API using hypermedia. The code…
I’ve gotten things moving quickly with chapter 4 of Learning Spring Boot. The general idea is that I want to show how to get off the ground super fast using Spring Boot and H2 as an in-memory database. Give the user the tools to either load up some sample data with a SQL script or…
Get your copy!
I use this for keyword analysis
The Power of REST
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
Do you like reading?
Building Your Platform
Order Your Copy Now!
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- Why writing framework code is different than end user apps May 7, 2018
- How to grow your email list April 24, 2018
- As Pivotal goes public, I can’t help but reflect on this surreal journey. #PVTL @russmiles @pivotal April 20, 2018
- How to beat Amazon April 3, 2018
- Darklight released! March 27, 2018
Sign up for Greg’s email list!