I had a great team meeting last with my five other co-workers. I wanted to share the majority of it purely in tweets, with a couple comments thrown in here and there. Enjoy! Wheels up BNA! Berlin I’m coming for you. #SpringDataDE — Greg L. Turnquist (@gregturn) April 3, 2017 Wheels down JFK!#SpringDataDE — Greg…
Last week, I had the good fortune of speaking twice at the DevNexus conference, the 2nd largest Java conference in North America. It was awesome! Apart from being a total geek fest with international attendance, it was a great place to get a bigger picture of the state of the Java community. A bunch of…
Over the past year, I have dove head first into use Scrivener for my writing efforts. The thing is amazing! Scrivener is a writer’s tool, built by writers for writers. It costs about $30+. I couldn’t put my finger on what was so cool about it until I read this. tl;dr – Scrivener puts your…
I have never been more excited to be a part of the Spring team as I am now. It feels like we are blazing new trails left and right. Seeing the massive turnout this week for Stephane and Brian’s “Spring Boot University”, a 3-hour session at DevoxxFR, left me awestruck. Wish I could have been there….
As I hack away at the last couple sections of chapter 4 of Learning Spring Boot, I have enjoyed being able to sprinkle in a little Spring Data REST. That project is really neat. I think it’s the way of the future for many apps out there. By providing an incredibly easy point of access…
Spring Mobile/Android guru Roy Clarkson and I are giving a talk at SpringOne this year. We will be mixing Spring Data with RESTful APIs. Roy and I have been working on a demo app that let’s you snap pictures and then upload them to a centralized web site through a simple RESTful API using hypermedia. The code…
I’ve gotten things moving quickly with chapter 4 of Learning Spring Boot. The general idea is that I want to show how to get off the ground super fast using Spring Boot and H2 as an in-memory database. Give the user the tools to either load up some sample data with a SQL script or…
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
The Power of REST
Do you like reading?
Order Your Copy Now!
Building Your Platform
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- Why statics are no longer evil February 9, 2018
- Building a recording studio without breaking the bank January 30, 2018
- A tale of two mediatypes January 18, 2018
- How TDD is wrong November 14, 2017
- Why I converted a Gradle project to Maven November 7, 2017
Sign up for Greg’s email list!