I just spent two days adding a mobile front end to a web app a few months ago. It is a reference app called Rabbit Trader, an app that demonstrates our JMS on Rabbit module targeted for vFabric 5.3. To hear more about that module, you’ll have to wait a bit. All I can say…
This past Tuesday, we had James Ward, principal developer advocate for Heroku, give a presentation on the Play Framework, scala/java, and Heroku at the Nashville JUG. Suffice it to say, it was a really awesome presentation. This was far from a sales pitch, and more like a lets-get-our-hands on this framework and build a web…
Over the past couple of years, I have been innately fascinated by the emergence of scala. Discovering it’s incredible power of type inference, a very extensive collections API, pattern matching, and many other things have been very alluring. Recently, I had a question pop into my head regarding financial data. You see, I often hear…
I just read Stephen Colebourne’s blog entry that is circulating the twittersphere. I’m about to post some comments, so I guess this means that I don’t “tolerate dissent.” First of all, please don’t pull out the infamous “(0 /: l)(_ + _)” argument okay? I get it that not everyone understands foldLeft’s, but it’s not…
In this latest installment of Programming is hard, let’s talk about abstractions. (For previous readings, see Part 1 and Part 2). I read a column by Ted Neward where he points out how software development is unlike any other industry. We have to deal with abstractions ALL the TIME. As he stated so eloquently, you…
NOTE: You can also read Part 3 of this blog series. The debate about the complexity of scala ensues. As I previously wrote, programming is hard! Trying to conclude how easy or hard scala is based on language constructs isn’t feasible. In a really active thread on the LinkedIn Scala Enthusiasts group, someone posted: …encapsulation…
NOTE: You can read Part 2 and Part 3 of this blog series as well. I have read enough articles debating whether or not scala is hard, and having recently watched a YouTube video clip of a kid presenting his Game Of Life app, I just have to weigh in. Coding in scala isn’t hard….
I have been digging for a couple of days on how to build a Scala List inside Java. The blog entries are hard to find. Most talk about converting a java.util.List into a Scala List from inside Scala. That is not what I’m looking for, but what really infuriated me was reading a blog entry…
Get your copy!
I use this for keyword analysis
The Power of REST
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
Do you like reading?
Building Your Platform
Order Your Copy Now!
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- How to grow your email list April 24, 2018
- As Pivotal goes public, I can’t help but reflect on this surreal journey. #PVTL @russmiles @pivotal April 20, 2018
- How to beat Amazon April 3, 2018
- Darklight released! March 27, 2018
- Building your email list yet? Find out why you need to get started March 23, 2018
Sign up for Greg’s email list!