It may sound quirky, but I had finally HAD IT with a project I manage: Spring Web Services. There were several aspects of the build file that kept getting in my way. Well, I was about to embark upon a critical change from which Gradle pushed me over the edge. To the point that not…
I’ve been working on a pull request on Spring HATEOAS for six weeks. That’s right, six weeks. It was a community contribution, and there’s a lot to sift through. Yesterday morning, I was slated to conduct the first review with the project lead. But that wasn’t going to happen, because Java decided to do something Java…
The project I’m working on, Spring Data REST, recently rolled out a big update: they changed the build system from gradle to maven! This kind of shocked me at first. I’ve been hearing that gradle is hip and cool and maven is old and stagnant. All hail gradle! And yet, in just a few hours,…
I like maven. There, I said it. Now where is my flame suit? Last night at the Nashville Java User Group meeting, Kerry gave a good introductory presentation on maven. He talked about the pros and cons, and showed some things like phases, profiles, and parent/child projects. For those who had little to no experience…
Get your copy!
How to Sell Your Book
I use this for keyword analysis
The Power of REST
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
Do you like reading?
Building Your Platform
Order Your Copy Now!
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- How to sell your book – Part 5 – Keywords August 8, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 4 – Categories July 31, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 3 – Cross promoting your work July 26, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 2 – Fans July 4, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 1 – Advertising June 28, 2018
Sign up for Greg’s email list!