I just read Stephen Colebourne’s blog entry that is circulating the twittersphere. I’m about to post some comments, so I guess this means that I don’t “tolerate dissent.” First of all, please don’t pull out the infamous “(0 /: l)(_ + _)” argument okay? I get it that not everyone understands foldLeft’s, but it’s not…
In this latest installment of Programming is hard, let’s talk about abstractions. (For previous readings, see Part 1 and Part 2). I read a column by Ted Neward where he points out how software development is unlike any other industry. We have to deal with abstractions ALL the TIME. As he stated so eloquently, you…
NOTE: You can also read Part 3 of this blog series. The debate about the complexity of scala ensues. As I previously wrote, programming is hard! Trying to conclude how easy or hard scala is based on language constructs isn’t feasible. In a really active thread on the LinkedIn Scala Enthusiasts group, someone posted: …encapsulation…
NOTE: You can read Part 2 and Part 3 of this blog series as well. I have read enough articles debating whether or not scala is hard, and having recently watched a YouTube video clip of a kid presenting his Game Of Life app, I just have to weigh in. Coding in scala isn’t hard….
Get your copy!
How to Sell Your Book
I use this for keyword analysis
The Power of REST
Order your copy of Learning Spring Boot now!
Do you like reading?
Building Your Platform
Order Your Copy Now!
Videos of my presentations
- Live Coding w/ Spring Data @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spinnaker: Land of a 100 Builds @ SpringOne Platform 2016
- Spring Data REST @ SpringOne 2015
- Spring Data REST @ DevNexus 2015
- Debug and Maintain Your Spring Boot App – 7/9/2015
- Cloud Foundry After Dark – 2/15/2015
- Screencast: REST app built in five minutes or less – 11/20/2014
- Spring Data REST – Data Meets Hypermedia – 2014
- Building Your App Mgmt Tools w/ Spring Boot – 2014
- Grails in the Real World™ – 2013
- @Uber, what are you doing for my mother? November 6, 2018
- Why I might switch from @MailChimp to @AWeber September 3, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 5 – Keywords August 8, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 4 – Categories July 31, 2018
- How to sell your book – Part 3 – Cross promoting your work July 26, 2018